Valid Names ResultsBrevennia gullanae (Kaydan, 2011) (Pseudococcidae: Brevennia)
- Heterobrevennia gullanae Kaydan 2011: 54. Type data: TURKEY: Van-Geva (N: 38°16’663’’, E: 043°03’898’’), on the leaf sheaths of Poaceae, 6/9/2009, by M.B. Kaydan. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Van: Plant protection Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Yüzüncü Yil University, Van, Turkey; accepted valid name Illustr.
- Brevennia (Heterobrevennia) gullani (Kaydan, 2011); Danzig & Gavrilov-Zamin 2012: 236. change of combination and misspelling of species epithet
Families: 1 | Genera: 2
- DanzigGa2014: pp.585-587 ( Adult (F) ) [Palaearctic Brevennia species]
- DanzigGa2013: pp.464-465 ( Adult (F) ) [A Key to the Species of the Genus Brevennia (Including Four Palaearctic Species Not Known from Russia and Adjacent Countries)] Key as: Brevennia (Heterococcus) gullani
- DanzigGa2012: pp.236 ( Adult (F) ) [The key for the species of Heterobrevennia]
- DanzigGa2012a: pp.289 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Brevennia and Heterobrevennia]
- Kaydan2011: pp.54 ( ) [Key to Heterobrevennia species]
- Systematics: Heterobrevennia gullanae resembles H. opertus but H. gullanae differs in having the following combination of characters (characters of H. opertus in brackets): (i) two groups of multilocular pores on the head (absent), (ii) cerarii numbering 6 pairs (7), (iii) many trilocular pores present throughout dorsum (trilocular pores on dorsum few, generally restricted to posterior abdominal segment, and in cerarii and ostioles), (iv) antennae 8, rarely 7 segmented (9 segmented). Heterobrevennia gullanae is also similar to H. kozari Kaydan, but differs in having (character states for H. kozari in brackets): (i) 6 pairs of cerarii (5), (ii) translucent pores on coxa absent (present), and (iii) one size of oral-collar tubular ducts on dorsum (two sizes medially on posterior abdominal segment).
- Structure: Body oval. In the leaf sheaths of grasses. The adult female of Heterobrevennia gullanae Kaydan is unique for a species in the Heterococcusgroup in having the following combination of features: (i) many quinquelocular pores on both the dorsum and venter, (ii) short hair-like tarsal digitules, (iii) claw digitules capitate, thicker than tarsal digitules, (iv) many multilocular pores on venter, (v) translucent pores present on both femur and tibia, (vi) two groups of multilocular pores on dorsum of head, (viii) six pairs of cerarii, 3 on head and 3 posteriorly on abdomen, (ix) many oral-collar tubular ducts on the venter and dorsum, and (x) the presence of trilocular pores throughout the dorsum. (Kaydan, 2011)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration in Kaydan, 2011.
- ChoiLe2022: phylogeny, 358
- DanzigGa2012: taxonomy, 236
- DanzigGa2012a: taxonomy, 789
- DanzigGa2013: taxonomy, 465
- DanzigGa2014: description, distribution, host, illustration, key, taxonomy, 585, 603-605
- Kaydan2011: description, distribution, host, illustration, structure, taxonomy, 54-56
- SzitaFeBe2017: distribution, host, 470