Valid Names ResultsRastrococcus rubellus Williams, 1989 (Pseudococcidae: Rastrococcus)
- Rastrococcus rubellus Williams 1989: 470. Type data: MALAYSIA: Selangor, Gombak, on Mangifera indica (laboratory cultured). Holotype, female, Type depository: London: The Natural History Museum, England, UK; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 5 | Genera: 5
- Plumeria rubra | MartinLa2011
- Ficus | MartinLa2011
- SiriseWaHe2013: pp.78-80 ( Adult (F) ) [Mealybugs on Fruit Crops in Sri Lanka]
- Willia2004a: pp.715-716 ( Adult (F) ) [Rastrococcus species of southern Asia]
- Willia1989: pp.439 ( Adult (F) ) [World]
- Systematics: Rastrococcus invadens and R. rubellus are very similar to each other. In the field, adult females of R. rubellus were usually slightly larger than those of R. invadens. the colour of the body contents also differed, bding pale green in R. invadens, but pink in R. rubellus. In microscope slide mounts, the frontal cerarii of R. rubellus were almost always linked by sclerotized cuticle, whereas in R. invadens they are usually separated by a strip of membranous cuticle. (Galanihe & Watson, 2012)
- Structure: Williams (1989) presented a colour photograph of the adult female.
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of adult female by Williams (1989) and by Williams (2004a).
- BenDov1994: catalog, 439
- GalaniWa2012: distribution, economic importance, 7-10
- MartinLa2011: catalog, distribution, host, 48
- SiriseWaHe2013: diagnosis, distribution, host, key, 76,78
- Willia1989: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 469-471
- Willia2004a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 735-736
- ZarkanApTu2021: distribution, host, 187