Valid Names ResultsPuto tubulifer Danzig, 1978 (Putoidae: Puto)
- Puto tubulifer Danzig 1978b: 125. Type data: RUSSIA: Yakutia-Sakha (= Yakut) AR, Khaptagai, on Vaccinium vitis-idaea. Holotype, female, Type depository: St. Petersburg: Zoological Museum, Academy of Science, Russia; accepted valid name Illustr.
- Ceroputo tubulifer (Danzig, 1978); Tang 1992: 392. change of combination
- Puto tubulifer Danzig, 1978; Ben-Dov 1994: 431. revived combination (previously published)
Families: 1 | Genera: 2
- DanzigGa2014: pp.141-142 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Puto]
- Danzig1999: pp.80 ( Adult (F) ) [Palaearctic region]
- Tang1992: pp.388 ( Adult (F) ) [China]
- Danzig1988: pp.699 ( Adult (F) ) [Far East of the USSR]
- Danzig1978b: pp.124 ( Adult (F) ) [Far East of the USSR]
- Systematics: Puto tubulifer possesses large dorsal tubular ducts among the cerarii. Similar ducts extend over much of the head and thorax but on the abdomen they are present around the margins only. Tang (1992) transferred this species to Ceroputo but the morphological characteristics fit those of Puto. (Williams, et al., 2011)
- Structure: Female up to 5 mm long. Trochanter with 3-4 sensillae. Claw with denticle' claw digitules longer than claw, with slightly enlarged apex. Circulus large, broadly oval. Multilocular pores scattered on entire ventral surface of the body. Quinquelocular pores absent. Trilocular pores evenly scattered on all body surface; dorsal trilocular pores larger than ventral ones. Tubuar ducts of 3 sizes; large ducts present along margin of dorsum and forming interrupted transverse rows on thoracic tergites and 1 abdominal tergite; medium ducts sparsely present on sternites of thorax and forming transverse rows and marginal groups on abdominal sternites; several small ducts present anterior to mouthparts. Marginal cerarii numbering 20-21 pairs. Additional erarii forming one pair on head. Dorsal surface of body covered by conical setae of different sizes, most of which are smaller than cerarian setae.
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by Danzig (1978b). Good description of the adult female given by Tang (1992).
- BenDov1994: 431
- Danzig1978b: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 125-127
- Danzig1980b: distribution, host, 112
- Danzig1999: distribution, host, life history, taxonomy, 88
- PolavaDaMi2000: distribution, host, 558
- Tang1992: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 392-393
- WilliaGuMi2011: structure, taxonomy, 13