Valid Names ResultsMollicoccus guadalcanalanus Williams, 1960 (Pseudococcidae: Mollicoccus)
- Mollicoccus guadalcanalanus Williams 1960: 407. Type data: SOLOMON ISLANDS: Guadalcanal, on unidentified tree. Lectotype, female, by subsequent designation (WilliaWa1988a,107). Type depository: London: The Natural History Museum, England, UK; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Biology: Occurring in carton shelters made by ants Iridomyrmex myrmecodiae on the leaves close to the petiole attachment of the host plant. Bisexual reproduction with a Lecanoid heterochromatinization in male embryos; eggs are laid in loose ovisac at stage of anatrepsis suggesting incomplete ovoviviparity. (Gavrilov-Zimin, 2020)
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by Williams (1960) and by Williams & Watson (1988a). Good description of the adult female given by Tang (1992).
- BenDov1994: catalog, 237
- Gavril2013: distribution, 74
- Gavril2020: cytogenetics, distribution, reproduction, 344-345
- Tang1992: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 508
- Willia1960: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 407-409
- WilliaWa1988a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 107-109
- ZarkanApTu2021: distribution, host, 181