Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus pipturicolus Beardsley, 1963 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus dorsispinosus Beardsley 1959b: 40. Type data: HAWAII: Oahu, Koolau Mts., Waikane Trail, on Pipturus sp.. Holotype, female, Type depository: Honolulu: Bernice P. Bishop Museum, Department of Entomology Collection, Hawaii, USA; junior homonym Illustr.
- Pseudococcus pipturicolus Beardsley 1963a: 230. replacement name Replacement name for Pseudococcus dorsispinosus Wirjati, 1958
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Hodgso2020: pp.32-34 ( Adult (M) ) [higher groups of Pseudococcidae]
- VonEllWa2016: pp.74-76 ( Adult (F) ) [Pseudococcus species present in the New World]
- Beards1960: pp.211 ( Adult (M) ) [Hawaii]
- Systematics: Beardsley (1959b) described this species as Pseudococcus dorsispinosus. Later, (Beardsley, 1963a) gave an unpublished opinion of Harold Morrison, who pointed out that dorsispinosus Beardsley differ only in the connecting vowel of the compound word from dorsospinosus Wirjati (1958), and therefore under provisions of Articles 57(f) and 58(10) of the ICZN must be reagarded a junior homonym of dorsospinosus Wirjati (1958). Consequently, Beardsley (1963a) introduced the replacement name Pseudococcus pipturicolus (Ben-Dov et al., 1997).
- Structure: Nur et al. (1987) reported chormosome number 2n=10.
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female (as P. dorsispinosus given by Beardsley (1959b). Good description and illustration of the adult male (as P. dorsospinus) given by Beardsley (1960). Nur et al. (1987) reported chormosome number 2n= .