Valid Names ResultsMetadenopus connectens Bazarov, 1973 (Pseudococcidae: Metadenopus)
- Metadenopus connectens Bazarov 1973: 79. Type data: TADZHIKISTAN: Pamir, on Poa marginata. Holotype, female, Type depository: St. Petersburg: Zoological Museum, Academy of Science, Russia; accepted valid name Illustr.
- Tridiscus connectens (Bazarov, 1973); Tang 1992: 119. change of combination
- Metadenopus connectens Bazarov, 1973; Ben-Dov 1994: 229. revived combination (previously published)
Families: 1 | Genera: 4
- Tang1992: pp.119 ( Adult (F) ) [China]
- Structure: Female. Body purple, oval, reaching 2 mm in length. Segments of legs not thickened; hind coxa with translucent pores. Anal ring with 1 row of pores and 1 row of spinulae. Circuli 4 in number, round, subequal in size. Multilocular pores forming on dorsal surface of body 1 or 2 transverse rows on each segment, except for last segment where they occurring only along margin. On ventral surface, multilocular pores forming interrupted rows over all abdominal sternites and groups near spiracles; rest of body surface with or without singular pores. Tubular ducts with collars narrower and shorter than those in type species, arranged in transverse rows on both sides of body, but absent on posterior abdominal tergite and in median part of thoracic sternites. Flagellate setae on both sides of body fine and short. (Danzig & Gavrilov, 2013a)
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by Bazarov (1973). Good description of the adult female given by Tang (1992).