Valid Names ResultsIcerya menoni Rao, 1951 (Monophlebidae: Icerya)
- Icerya menoni Rao 1951: 60. Type data: INDIA: Cochin State [=Kerala], Maradu, on Cocos nucifera, 7-12-1943.. Holotype, female, Type depository: New Delhi: Division of Entomology, National Pusa Collections, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, India; accepted valid name Illustr.
- Icerya menoi Rao, 1951; Tang & Hao 1995: 615. misspelling of species epithet
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Cocos nucifera | Rao1951
- JoshiNaVe2021: pp.209 ( Adult (F) ) [Icerya in India]
- Gavril2018: pp.179 ( Adult (F) ) [Species of Icerya]
- UnruhGu2008b: pp.72-73 ( Adult (F) ) [Species of Icerya]
- TangHa1995: pp.155-156, 615-616 ( Adult (F) ) [Asia]
- Rao1951a: pp.156 ( Adult (F) ) [South East Asia]
- Structure: Adult female about 5 mm long, 3 mm broad; dorsum covered with a snow-white, fluffy, wooly wax secretion intermingled with a very large number of glassy threads; two prominent pencils of wax project from the anal end; no marginal tassels of wax noticeable; ovisac not fluted but consisting of a fluffy wax secretion beneath the abdomen and projecting out to 3 to 4 mm from the posterior end of the body, the whole however, partly concealed by the large number of long glassy filaments that project from various parts of the dorsum and margin (Rao, 1951).
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of adult female by Rao (1951). Description of adult female by Unruh & Gullan (2008b).
- BenDov2005a: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 201
- Foldi2001a: taxonomy, 203
- Gavril2018: key, taxonomy, 176,179
- JoshiNaVe2021: key, 209
- Rao1951: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 60-62
- TangHa1995: description, taxonomy, 155-156, 158-159
- UnruhGu2008: phylogeny, taxonomy, 8-50
- UnruhGu2008b: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 86
- Varshn1992: distribution, host, 14