Valid Names ResultsIcerya gaponiana Gavrilov, 2013 (Monophlebidae: Icerya)
- Icerya gaponiana Gavrilov 2013: 66-69. Type data: PAPUA NEW GUINEA: near Jayapura City, on twigs and leaves of dicotyledonous tree, 11/1/2011 by I.A. Gavrilov. Holotype, female, Type depository: St. Petersburg: Zoological Museum, Academy of Science, Russia; accepted valid name Illustr.
- Irian Jaya | Gavril2013
- Gavril2018: pp.179-182 ( Adult (F) ) [Species of Icerya]
- Systematics: I. gaponiana belongs to the Icerya jacobsoni Green group, erected by Unruh and Gullan (2008). All four of the previously known species in this group are characterized by the possession of unique stalked pores. I. gaponiana differs from all the four species in possessing marginal groups of special multilocular pores of complicated structure. (Gavrilov, 2013)
- Structure: Adult female. Body broadly oval, up to 7 mm long. Eyes each about 80 mm in diameter. Antennae each 11-segmented, about 900 mm long. Legs well developed. Defined ovisac absent, but narrow wax band present along the ventral margin of the abdomen. (Gavrilov, 2013)
- General Remarks: Description and illustrations in Gavrilov, 2013.