Valid Names ResultsErimococcus ozani Kaydan, 2015 (Pseudococcidae: Erimococcus)
- Erimococcus ozani Danzig & Gavrilov-Zimin 2014: 397. Type data: TURKEY: Iðdýr-Aralýk-Nahcivan road, N: 39°57’348’’, E:044°07’460’’, 853 m, on Suaeda sp., 6/12/2007, by M.B. Kaydan. Holotype, female, Type depository: Turkey: Kaydan's Personal Collection; unavailable name that is placed Illustr.
- Erimococcus ozani Kaydan 2015: 210-212. accepted valid name
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Suaeda | DanzigGa2014
- Turkey | Kaydan2015
- Kaydan2015: pp.210 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Erimococcus]
- DanzigGa2014: pp.388-389 ( Adult (F) ) [Palearctic Erimococcus species]
- Systematics: E. ozani is closest to E. limoniastri and E. talhouki in having: (i) few cerarii, and (ii) pairs of oral collar tubular ducts on the dorsum, each pair with 1 large and 1 small duct. However, E. ozani can be readily distinguished from these and all other species in the genus in lacking: (i) multilocular disc pores on the dorsum (as in E. multitubulatus); and (ii) quinquelocular pores on the venter. (Kaydan, 2014) Danzig & Gavrilov-Zimin, 2014 used the name "Erimococcus ozani" before it was made available in Kaydan, 2015. According to Article 16 (specifically 16.1 and 16.4) of the ICZN (1999), this name must be considered unavailable from their work.
- Structure: Body elongate oval, 1.54–1.64 mm long, 0.88–0.98 mm wide. Eye marginal. Antenna 8 segmented. (Kaydan, 2015)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration in Kaydan, 2015.