Valid Names ResultsAclerda tillandsiae Howell, 1972 (Aclerdidae: Aclerda)
- Aclerda tillandsiae Howell 1972: 1262. Type data: U.S.A.: Georgia, Lowndes County, Valdosta, on Tillandsia usneoides. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Washington: United States National Entomological Collection, U.S. National Museum of Natural History, District of Columbia, USA; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Hodgso2020: pp.200 ( Adult (M) ) [Aclerda species]
- Systematics: The adult male of A. tillandsiae is extremely similar to the other Aclerda species described here apart from the structure of the style and aedeagus; the latter appears to be narrower than segment IX (broader than the penial sheath in the other species). A. tillandsiae also appears to differ in (possibly) the absence of a sclerotised plate on the membranous area within mesopostnotum (this could be present but the lack of staining made this impossible to detect). (Hodgson, 2020)
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of the adult female given by Howell (1972, 1973). Description and illustration of the first-instar nymph, second-instar female, second-instar male and third-instar female given by Howell (1973). Detailed redescription and illustration in Hodgson, 2020.
- BenDov2006b: catalog, taxonomy, 18
- Hodgso2020: description of male, diagnosis, illustration, key, taxonomy, 200, 208-
- HodgsoMi2002IMa: phylogeny, taxonomy, 510-517
- Howell1972: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 1262-1264
- Howell1973: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 1335-1342
- Malump2012: distribution, host, 57