Valid Names Results
Balachowsky 1954 (Diaspididae
Type species: Fiorina nephelii Maskell
by monotypy and original designation
accepted valid name
- General Remarks: Detailed description by Balachowsky (1954e).
- Systematics: Thysanofiorinia has nothing to do with Fiorinia because it has median lobes which are distinctly non-zygotic in both the adult and 2nd-instar female. It is particularly characterized in the 1st instar by having prominent marginal setae. Greenaspis also has setae around the body in the 1st instar, but a close relation between it and Thysanofiorinia is doubtful since the two differ in the median lobes of the adult and 2nd instar female. Tulefiorinia also has enlarged marginal setae in the 1st instar, but they are confined to the abdomen (Takagi, 1970).
- Structure: Adult female pupillarial, body oval, with the free segments little lobed laterally, and with the pygidium triangular in outline. Derm membranous except for the pygidium. Median lobes prominent, sunken in a broad apical recess of the pygidium, distinctly non-zygotic, being separated from each other by a space, with a pair of marginal setae between them. 2nd lobes quite reduced. Marginal gland spines small and few, absent between the median lobes. Dorsal ducts quite reduced in size and scattered within the pygidial margin.
- Chou1982: pp.101 (female) [Key to Chinese genera of Fioriniinae]
- Yang1982: pp.223 (female) [Key to genera of Diaspidini]
- Balach1954e: pp.168 (female) [Tableau des genres de Diaspidina Chionaspiformes]
description, distribution, host, taxonomy, pp. 168, 312-314
taxonomy, pp. 149
description, distribution, taxonomy, pp. 101-102
taxonomy, pp. 363
taxonomy, pp. 196
taxonomy, pp. 4
description, taxonomy, pp. 37
taxonomy, pp. 223
ABOUT | KEYS | CONTACT | LOGIN | FLAT CAT | CLASSIFICATION