Valid Names Results
Ferris 1955 (Diaspididae
Type species: Thysanaspis acalyptus Ferris
accepted valid name
- General Remarks: Detailed description by Takagi (1961a).
- Systematics: There are at least two known genera, Anotaspis and Radionaspis, which agree with Thysanaspis in the great reduction of the characters which are available for generic separation and of these genera the present one seems to approach most closely Radionaspis. It differs in the marginal fringe on the pygidium of the 2nd stage, in the absence of the pygidial lobes in the adult and in the presence of the perivulvar pores in the adult (Ferris, 1955c).
- Structure: Adult female contained within the sclerotized exuviae of the 2nd stage, elongate oval in shape, its pygidium semicircular in form and with merely a pair of small, sclerotized areas on the dorsal side. Margin of pygidium with 4 pairs of slender setae with a single very small duct of an indeterminable nature between the bases of each two pairs (Ferris, 1955c).
- Yang1982: pp.271 (female) [Key to genera of Parlatoriini]
- Takagi1961a: pp.101 (female) [Key to genera of Japanese Diaspidini]
taxonomy, pp. 335
taxonomy, pp. 222
description, distribution, taxonomy, pp. 203
taxonomy, pp. 362-363
description, distribution, taxonomy, pp. 31-32
taxonomy, pp. 195
description, distribution, taxonomy, pp. 94-95, 101
description, distribution, taxonomy, pp. 105-108
taxonomy, pp. 59, 61
distribution, taxonomy, pp. 271
ABOUT | KEYS | CONTACT | LOGIN | FLAT CAT | CLASSIFICATION