Valid Names ResultsScutare pittospori Hoy, 1962 (Eriococcidae: Scutare)
- Scutare pittospori Hoy 1962: 176. Type data: NEW ZEALAND: North Island, Waituhi Saddle, on Pittosporum colensoi, 08/08/1957, by J.M. Hoy. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Auckland: New Zealand Arthropod Collection, Landcare Research, New Zealand; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Pittosporum colensoi | Hoy1962
- New Zealand
- North Island | Hoy1962
- Hoy1962: pp.173 ( Adult (F) ) [Scutare species of New Zealand]
- Systematics: Slide-mounted adult female with: enlarged setae cylindrical, sides concave basally, straight elsewhere, apices rounded, marginal setae and medial setae on abdomen conspicuously longer than all other dorsal setae, 2 lateral setae on margin of each abdominal segment; anal lobes weakly sclerotized, with 3 enlarged setae; macrotubular ducts unusual in having divided orifice; microtubular ducts absent (Hoy, 1962).
- Structure: Known from a single collection. Insects are accompanied by some loose white wax, no sac was detected. Body elongate oval (Hoy, 1962).
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Hoy (1962).