Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus philippinicus Williams 2004 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus philippinicus Williams 2004a: 703. Type data: PHILIPPINES: Palawan, Irawan Forest, on woody sapplings, attended by ants; collected J.H. Martin, 19.i.1988.. Holotype, female, Type depository: London: The Natural History Museum, England, UK . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 4 | Genera: 5
- WangWu2010: pp.245 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to the species of Pseudococcus from China (in Chinese)]
- Willia2004a: pp.668-669 ( Adult (F) ) [Pseudococcus species of southern Asia]
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of adult female by Williams (2004a). Description and illustration of adult female and nymphs by Wang & Wu (2010).
- Systematics: In case of P. philippinicus, Williams (2004a), the author of the species, emphasized the differences between P. longispinus and P. philippinicus in P. philippinicus has a saccate vulva with four internal, sclerotized lateral pockets and with a few multiocular disc pores located posterior to the vulva only while P. longispinus has multiocular disc pores occurring both anterior and posterior to the vulva. In addition, based on his drawings of P. longispinus, its vulva does not possess internal pockets. (Koo, et al., 2017)