Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus panamaensis Granara de Willink, 2018 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus panamaensis Granara de Willink 2018: 39. Type data: PANAMA: Pipeline Rd., 3/19/1983, on Acanthaceae, by J. H. Martin. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: London: The Natural History Museum, England, UK; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Acanthaceae | GranarGo2018
- Panama | GranarGo2018
- GranarGo2018: pp.10-14 ( Adult (F) ) [Central & South American Pseudococcus]
- Systematics: Pseudococcus panamaensis is similar to Pseudococcus salazari because if has translucent pores on the tibia only, eyes with sclerotized edges with discoidal pores and lacks tubular ducts with oral rims on the dorsal frontal area; but they differ because they lack tubular ducts with oral rims on the venter, and P. salazari It has 4-8 ducts. (Granara de Willink & González, 2018)
- Structure: Translucent pores on the tibia; eyes with sclerotized edge and 6-8 discoidal pores; anal cererii on a sclerotized surface, with numerous trilocular pores tightly clustered around setae; tubular ducts with dorsal, oral rims on the thorax and abdomen, submarginal and medial in segments IV, V and VI, absent on the cephalic region and on the ventral surface. (Granara de Willink & González, 2018)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration in Granara de Willink & González, 2018.
- GranarGo2018: description, diagnosis, distribution, host, illustration, key, taxonomy, 4, 10-14, 39-40