Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus montanus Ehrhorn, 1916 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus montanus Ehrhorn 1916: 242. Type data: HAWAII: Oahu Island, on Freycinetia arnotti and Astelia veratroides. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Honolulu: Bernice P. Bishop Museum, Department of Entomology Collection, Hawaii, USA; accepted valid name
- Pseudococcus perforatus; Ferris 1935: 127. incorrect synonymy (discovered by Zimmer1948, 228).
Families: 2 | Genera: 2
- Hodgso2020: pp.32-34 ( Adult (M) ) [higher groups of Pseudococcidae]
- Beards1960: pp.212 ( Adult (M) ) [Hawaii]
- Zimmer1948: pp.177 ( Adult (F) ) [Hawaii]
- Systematics: Examination of type material by von Ellenreider & Watson, 2016 revealed the presence of OR with broad inner ducts and narrow rims, which were originally described as OC by Ferris in Zimmerman (1948) in P. floriger, P. montanus, and P. syzygii. In these OR, the inner duct is very broad, occupying about three quarters of the diameter of the outer rim, which is thus narrow compared to the OR rim of other species, where inner duct occupies only about half of the rim’s outer diameter.
- Biology: Living between the bases of the leaves of their host plants.
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by Ferris in Zimmerman (1948). Good description of the adult female given by Ehrhorn (1916). Good description and illustration of the adult male given by Beardsley (1960).
- Beards1959b: distribution, host, 47
- Beards1960: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 231-232
- BenDov1994: catalog, 404
- Ehrhor1916: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 242
- Hodgso2020: key, 33
- Timber1919: biological control, 197-231
- VonEllWa2016: distribution, host, key, morphology, structure, taxonomy, 74-82
- Zimmer1948: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 177, 228-231