Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus lycopodii Beardsley, 1959 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus lycopodii Beardsley 1959b: 44. Type data: HAWAII: Oahu, North Halawa Ridge, on Lycopodium cernuum. Holotype, female, Type depository: Honolulu: Bernice P. Bishop Museum, Department of Entomology Collection, Hawaii, USA; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Hodgso2020: pp.32-34 ( Adult (M) ) [higher groups of Pseudococcidae]
- VonEllWa2016: pp.74-78 ( Adult (F) ) [Pseudococcus species present in the New World]
- Beards1960: pp.211 ( Adult (M) ) [Hawaii]
- Systematics: Von Ellenreider & Watson stated that the series of specimens of P. gallicola, P. lycopodii, and P. swezeyi examined in 20116 varies greatly in number of cerarii, number and position of OR on dorsum and venter, and various measurements, with most characters states and ranges overlapping. They examined one specimen, collected from under bark on Acacia koa and identified as P. swezeyi by Beardsley which had dorsal OR lateral to posterior ostioles and ventral submarginal OR on SI–VII, rendering the morphological distinction among these three species unreliable.
- Structure: Nur et al. (1987) reported chromosome number 2n=10
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by given by Beardsley (1959b). Good description and illustration of the adult male given by Beardsley (1960).