Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus lanatii Granara de Willink, 2018 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus lanatii Granara de Willink 2018: 31. Type data: ARGENTINA: Córdoba, 5/24/1945, on Arachis hypogea (maní). by C. Molinari. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Washington: United States National Entomological Collection, U.S. National Museum of Natural History, District of Columbia, USA; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 4 | Genera: 4
- Argentina | GranarGo2018
- GranarGo2018: pp.10-14 ( Adult (F) ) [Central & South American Pseudococcus]
- Systematics: Pseudococcus lanatii is similar to P. calchaquii because both have numerous ducts with oral border on the dorsum. It differs because it has 1) translucent pores only on the femur and tibia (on coxa, femur and tibia, doubtful in the trochanter in P. calchaquii); and 2) ducts with oral rims which form four longitudinal lines (three lines in P. calchaquii). It also resembles ,i>P. pabulum except that this species has legs with translucent pores on coxa, trochanter, femur and tibia. (Granara de Willink & González, 2018)
- Structure: Translucent pores on the femur and tibia; discoidal pores around the eye on a membranous surface 15-17 pairs of ceraris; 32-61 dorsaltubular ducts absent between C2 and C3, 5-7 ducts in segment VII of the abdomen, one or two ventral ducts between C5 and C11; ducts with oral collar absent on the dorsum and present at the margin of the cephalothorax and ventral abdomen, of two sizes, those of greater submarginal diameter and those smaller in the middle area of the abdomen and thorax; pores multilocular in all segments of the abdomen and middle thorax. (Granara de Willink & González, 2018)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration in Granara de Willink & González, 2018.