Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus insuetus Granara de Willink, 2018 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus insuetus Granara de Willink 2018: 30. Type data: COLOMBIA: intercepted at Brasil: Brasilia, 3/14/1998, on Anthurium sp. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Tucuman: Fundacion e Instituto Miguel Lillo, Universidade Nactional de Tucuman, Argentina; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Anthurium | GranarGo2018
- Colombia | GranarGo2018
- GranarGo2018: pp.10-14 ( Adult (F) ) [Central & South American Pseudococcus]
- Systematics: Pseudococcus insuetus sp.is similar to P. landoi because both are lackingducts with oral border on the dorsum and have eyes with a sclerotized rim with discoidal pores. They are different in that P. insuetus has 1) translucent poreson the femur and tibia (P. landoi on the tibia only); 2) numerous ventral ducts in submarginal groups throughout the body, except on segment VIII (7-9 ducts between C5 and C11 in P. landoi,/i>); 3) Tubes with oral collars very scarce in all the ventral margin (numerous on lateral ventral margin of cephalothorax and abdomen in P. landoi); and 4) multilocular pores up to segment V (multilocular pores up to III in P. landoi). (Granara de Willink & Gonzálrz, 2018)
- Structure: Translucent pores on the femur and tibia; eyes with sclerotized edge and six discoidal pores; 17 pairs of cerarii, dorsal tubular ducts absent; numerous ventral ducts with oral rims along the margin of the body, except in segment VIII of the abdomen; ducts with oral collars on the abdomen to segment II; multilocular pores up to segment V of the abdomen. (Granara de Willink & Gonzálrz, 2018)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration in Granara de Willink & Gonzálrz, 2018.