Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus floriger Ferris, 1948 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus floriger Ferris 1948: 212. Type data: HAWAII: Maui, on Dracaena aurea. Holotype, female, Type depository: Honolulu: Bernice P. Bishop Museum, Department of Entomology Collection, Hawaii, USA; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Hodgso2020: pp.32-34 ( Adult (M) ) [higher groups of Pseudococcidae]
- Beards1960: pp.211 ( Adult (M) ) [Hawaii]
- Zimmer1948: pp.180 ( Adult (F) ) [Hawaii]
- Systematics: Examination of type material by von Ellenreider & Watson, 2016 revealed the presence of OR with broad inner ducts and narrow rims, which were originally described as OC by Ferris in Zimmerman (1948) in P. floriger, P. montanus, and P. syzygii. In these OR, the inner duct is very broad, occupying about three quarters of the diameter of the outer rim, which is thus narrow compared to the OR rim of other species, where inner duct occupies only about half of the rim’s outer diameter.
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by Ferris in Zimmerman (1948). Good description and illustration of the adult male given by Beardsley (1960).
- Beards1959b: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 43
- Beards1960: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 227-228
- BenDov1994: catalog, 391
- Hodgso2020: key, 33
- VonEllWa2016: distribution, host, key, morphology, structure, taxonomy, 74-82
- Zimmer1948: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 180, 212-215