Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus calchaquii Granara de Willink, 2018 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus calchaquii Granara de Willink 2018: 18. Type data: ARGENTINA: Tucumán, Dpto. Tafí, Tafí del Valle, La Quebradita, 3/?/1989, on Trifolium repens, “trébol”, by M.C.G. Willink.. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Tucuman: Fundacion e Instituto Miguel Lillo, Universidade Nactional de Tucuman, Argentina; accepted valid name Notes: Paratypes: 1 adult female and 1 immature on same slide number 1156 Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Trifolium repens | GranarGo2018
- Argentina | GranarGo2018
- GranarGo2018: pp.10-14 ( Adult (F) ) [Central & South American Pseudococcus]
- Systematics: Pseudococcus calchaquii. is similar to Pseudococcus pabulum because both have numerous tubular ducts on the back, always absent between C2-C3 and numerous multilocular pores on the thorax and ventral abdomen. They differ because P. calchaquii possesses 1) legs with femur, tibia and tarsus of 737-805 μm (P. pabulum of 590-647 μm); 2) 17 pairs of well developed cerari, all well (P. pabulum with 15 to 17 pairs of cerari with the C4 and C8 reduced or absent); 3) multilocular pores from segment III of the abdomen to segment IX and in the middle area of the thorax (P. pabulum with multilocular pores in all segments of the abdomen, in the middle of the thorax and anterior to the buccal apparatus); 4) Ducts with associated oral collar grouped usually to multilocular pores, behind the second pair of absent legs (present in P. pabulum); and 5) translucent pores on coxa, femur and tibia (P. pabulum with translucent pores only on the coxa, (Granara de Willlink & González, 2018) trochanter, femur and tibia).
- Structure: Translucent pores on coxa, femur and tibia; eyes with 1-2 discoidal pores on membranous edge, tubular ducts with oral collar on the back of the thorax and abdomen; segment VII with a submarginal duct, two lateral ones on each side of the body and one on the midline, absent between C2 and C3; two tubular ducts with oral collars on the venter between C5 and C11; ducts with collars on the ventral surface between the antennas, zone near the C5 and margin of thorax and abdomen. (Granara de Willlink & González, 2018)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration in Granara de Willlink & González, 2018.
- GranarGo2018: description, diagnosis, distribution, host, illustration, key, taxonomy, 6, 10-14