Valid Names ResultsPseudococcus aurantiacus Williams, 2004 (Pseudococcidae: Pseudococcus)
- Pseudococcus aurantiacus Williams 2004a: 674. Type data: BRUNEI: Penanjong, on Callophyllum sp.; collected J.H. Martin, 26.iii.1989.. Holotype, female, Type depository: London: The Natural History Museum, England, UK; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 11 | Genera: 11
- Ryparosa fasciculata | Willia2004a
- Schefflera | Willia2004a
- Calophyllum | Willia2004a
- Garcinia mangostana | Willia2004a
- Crypteronia griffithii | Willia2004a
- Callerya nieuwenhuisii | Willia2004a | (= Millettia nieuwenhuisii)
- Strychnos vanprukii | Willia2004a
- Lansium parasiticum | Willia2004a | (= Lansium domesticum)
- Averrhoa carambola | Willia2004a
- Neonauclea | Willia2004a
- Nephelium lappaceum | Willia2004a
- Willia2004a: pp.668-669 ( Adult (F) ) [Pseudococcus species of southern Asia]
- Systematics: von Ellenreider & Watson, 2016 examined some specimens which, based on the characters proposed by Williams (2004) to distinguish between P. aurantiacus and P. cryptus, i.e. ventral OR on margin of mesothorax and SI present singly in P. aurantiacus versus in groups in P. cryptus and marginal ventral OC on head and thorax in groups in P. aurantiacus versus singly in P. cryptus, would seem to be intermediate between these two species. However, they observed considerable variability in the number of ventral OR and ventral marginal OC in the series of P. cryptus, and the various measurements provided in the description of P. aurantiacus are encompassed within the ranges of P. cryptus displayed by their specimens. They suspect that these names represent synonyms, but consider that further research including large series of both species from their entire distribution range is necessary to confirm this.
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of adult female by Williams (2004a).