Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis yamamotoi Takagi, 1965 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis yamamotoi Takagi 1965a: 448-451. Type data: VENEZUELA: at Japan, Kobe, on Dracaena sp., by M. Yamamoto. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Dracaena | Takagi1965a
- Chen1983: pp.17 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1965a).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis yamamotoi is similar to P. hikosana in that the 2nd lobes are much reduced in size, but it is distinguished by having more numerous submarginal dorsal macroducts (Takagi, 1965a).
- Structure: Female scale brown. Adult female fusiform, robust. Median lobes prominent, closely appressed mesally, notched 3 or 4 times laterally, with median basal zygosis much protruding anteriorly beyond their bases. 2nd lobes much reduced, yet somewhat variable in size; inner lobule with basal paraphyses rudimentary or practically obsolete. 3rd lobes reduced to marginal serrations (Takagi, 1965a).