Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis shirozui Takagi, 1970 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis shirozui Takagi 1969a: 24. nomen nudum (discovered by Takagi1970, 111).
- Pinnaspis shirozui Takagi 1970: 111-113. Type data: TAIWAN: Heng-chun, on Ficus cuspidatocaudata. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
- Pinnaspis shirozni Takagi, 1969; Chen 1983: 18. misspelling of species epithet
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Ficus | Tao1978
- Taiwan | Tao1978
- Chen1983: pp.18 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1970).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis shirozui may be close to P. strachani, but is also similar to P. mussaendae and its allies. It can be recognized by the seemingly fused median lobes, which are, however, separated apically by a distinct notch, the absence of distinct preanal scleroses and the submarginal macroducts usually lacking on the 5th abdominal segment (Takagi, 1970).
- Structure: Female scale brown. Adult female body with free segments strongly lobed, and with the pygidium rather broad and triangular in outline. Median lobes comparatively large, strongly appressed mesally and seemingly fused together, with their apices separated by a deep median notch and with the lateral margin deeply notched twice. 2nd lobes various in development, but even if both lobules are present quite small in size (Takagi, 1970).
- Chen1983: distribution, taxonomy, 18, 99
- Chou1985: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 358
- Chou1986: illustration, 504
- Hua2000: distribution, host, 158
- Takagi1969a: taxonomy, 24
- Takagi1970: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 111-113
- Tao1978: distribution, host, 106
- Tao1999: distribution, host, 110
- WongChCh1999: distribution, illustration, 32, 75
- Yang1982: taxonomy, 232