Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis sciadopityos Takagi, 1965 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis sciadopityos Takagi 1965a: 450-451. Type data: JAPAN: Wakayama Experiment Forest of the Hokkaido University, on Sciadopitys verticillata, by S. Takagi; Omogo-Kei, on S. verticillata, by S. Takagi. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Sciadopitys verticillata | Takagi1965a
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1965a).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis sciadopityos is unique in the acute pygidium which terminates in the prominent median lobes (Takagi, 1965a).
- Structure: Female scale elongate, thin and white. Adult female much elongated, almost parallel-sided. Median lobes quite prominent, closely appressed mesally, serrate laterally, with median basal zygosis protruding anteriorly beyond their bases. 2nd lobes reduced in size. 3rd lobes obsolete (Takagi, 1965a).