Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis piperis Takagi, 1963 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis piperis Takagi 1963c: 64-66. Type data: JAPAN: Ryukyu Islands, on Piper kadzura; 21/05/1957, by S. Takagi; 26/08/1962, by T. Isobe. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
- Pinaspis piperis piperis; Campbell, et al. 2014: 531. misspelling of genus name
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Takagi1963c: pp.68 ( ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1963c).
- Systematics: Genbank accession number: KF887359 (Campbell, et al., 2014) Pinnaspis piperis is very close to P. aspidistrae, but can be distinguished by the preanal scars normally well developed and the submarginal dorsal macroducts more numerous. It may also be separated from P. boehmeriae by the well developed preanal scars and by lacking submedian dorsal microducts (Takagi, 1963c).
- Structure: Female scale broad, brown. Male scale white, felted and tricarinate. Adult female fusiform, strongly lobed laterally in free segments, 1.3 mm long, 0.6 mm wide. Derm membranous except for pygidium. Median lobes moderate in size, closely appressed medially, forming a half circle, with 3 or 4 lateral incisions. 2nd lobes bilobed, inner lobule with basal paraphyses, outer also well developed, shorter than the inner. 3rd lobes indicated by a low serrate process (Takagi, 1963c).
- AndersWuGr2010: phylogeny, taxonomy, 997-1003
- Borchs1966: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 114
- CampbeLaHu2014: DNA, genebank, phylogeny, 531, 532, 533
- DanzigPe1998: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 335
- Kawai1972: taxonomy, 41
- Kawai1980: distribution, host, taxonomy, 305
- KozarWa1985: catalog, distribution, 86
- MorseNo2006: phylogeny, taxonomy, 340
- Muraka1970: distribution, host, 92-93
- NormarOkMo2019: distribution, host, phylogeny, taxonomy, 29, 73
- Takagi1963c: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 64-66, 68
- Takagi1966: distribution, host, taxonomy, 120
- Takagi1970: taxonomy, 107