Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis musae Takagi, 1963 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis musae Takagi 1963b: 137-138. Type data: PHILIPPINES: Illigan, on Musa sp., 12/06/1962, by M. Yamamoto. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Philippines | Takagi1963b
- Takagi1963c: pp.68 ( ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1963b).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis musae is related to P. aspidistrae and P. strachani, from which it can be recognized by the combination of the following characters: presence of submedian macroducts on 3rd to 5th abdominal segments, presence of preanal scars, absence of basal paraphyses on inner lobules of 2nd lobes, presence of disc pores at posterior spiracles and the brown scale (Takagi, 1963b).
- Structure: Female scale broad and brown. Adult female slender, fusiform, membranous except for sclerotized areas of pygidium, attaining 1.4 mm in length. Median lobes moderately large, strongly sclerotized, appressed along entire mesal length, incised 3 or 4 times on lateral margins (Takagi, 1963b).