Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis muntingi Takagi, 1965 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis muntingi Takagi 1965a: 446-448. Type data: SOUTH AFRICA: Natal, Umkomaas, on Abutilon sp., by J. Munting. Holotype, female, Type depository: Pretoria: South African National Collection of Insects, South Africa . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 3 | Genera: 3
- Chen1983: pp.18 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1965a).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis muntingi is close to P. aspidistrae and P. strachani from which it can be distinguished from the former by lacking disc pores in association with the posterior spiracles and from the latter by lacking distinct preanal scars and by the brown female scale (Takagi, 1965a).
- Structure: Female scale brown. Adult female fusiform; prepygidial abdominal segments well lobed laterally. Antennae with a seta. Median lobes moderate in size, closely appressed mesally, notched several times laterally, with median basal zygosis apparently protruding anteriorly beyond their bases. 2nd lobes well developed, inner lobule with a pair of basal paraphyses. 3rd lobes reduced to mere marginal serrations (Takagi, 1965a).
- Chen1983: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 23-24, 114
- Takagi1965a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 446-448
- Takagi1969a: taxonomy, 24
- Takagi1970: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 107-108
- Tao1978: distribution, host, 106
- Varshn2002: distribution, host, 71
- Yang1982: taxonomy, 232