Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis juniperi Takahashi, 1956 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis juniperi Takahashi 1956a: 57-58. Type data: JAPAN: Honshu, Nara Prefecture, Habiki Hills, Minami-Kawachi-gun, Osaka-fu; also Unebi, all on Juniperus rigida, ?/01/1955, by R. Takahashi. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
- Pinnaspis junituperi Takahashi, 1956; Chen 1983: 17. misspelling of species epithet
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Chen1983: pp.17 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- Wang1982c: pp.85 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- Takagi1961a: pp.75 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis of Japan]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takahashi (1956a).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis juniperi is unique in the abdominal segments not being laterally convex and in the triangular pygidium and is also marked by the dorsal macroducts being greatly reduced (Takahashi, 1956a).
- Structure: Female scale white, narrow, slender, slightly broadened posteriorly, straight, 1.5 mm long. Exuviae yellow, 2nd exuviae not enlarged. Adult female body narrow, slightly broadened posteriorly, not convex laterally on metathorax and abdominal segments. Pygidium triangular, without preanal scares. Median lobes small, protruding, closely appressed, but with a trace of division, one distinct notch on lateral margin; 2nd lobes obsolete, represented by 2 short rounded protuberances (Takahashi, 1956a).
- Borchs1966: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 113
- Chen1983: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 22-23, 113
- DanzigPe1998: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 335
- Hua2000: distribution, host, 158
- Kawai1972: distribution, host, taxonomy, 41
- Kawai1977: distribution, 156
- Kawai1980: distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 307
- KozarWa1985: catalog, distribution, 86
- Muraka1970: distribution, host, 92
- Takagi1961a: distribution, host, taxonomy, 73, 75
- Takagi1965a: taxonomy, 451
- Takagi1966: distribution, host, 119
- Takaha1956a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 57-58
- Tang1977: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 170-171
- Tao1999: distribution, 110
- Wang1982c: distribution, taxonomy, 89