Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis hikosana Takagi, 1961 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis hikosana Takagi 1961a: 73-74. Type data: JAPAN: Kyusyu, Hiko-San, near summit (1199 m), on Viburnum sp., 10/05/1957. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 9 | Genera: 10
- Lannea coromandelica | Tao1999
- Clethra barbinervis | Suh2014
- Daphniphyllum macropodum | Takagi1966
- Camellia japonica | Suh2014
- Suh2014: pp.6 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis from Korea]
- Takagi1961a: pp.75 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis of Japan]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1961a).
- Biology: This species has two generations per year, hibernates as an adult female and the fi rst generation appears in mid-May to early June in Japan (Kawai 1980).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis hikosana seems to be related to P. mussaendae, P. rhododendri and P. scrobicularum. It appears to come closest to P. rhododendri, from which it may be separated by the metathorax and prepygidial abdominal segments which are moderately convex laterally, the median lobes deeply incised on the outer side, and the preanal scars normal in shape. It differs from P. mussaendae by the 2nd lobes apparently present and by having fewer submarginal macroducts. It differs from P. scrobicularum by lacking submedian macroducts and by having fewer submarginal macroducts (Takagi, 1961a).
- Structure: Female scale elongate, dark brown. Adult female body fusiform, 1.02 mm long, 0.51 mm wide, free segments each moderately convex laterally; pygidium triangular. Derm membranous except for sclerotized areas of pygidium (Takagi, 1961a). Adult female cover narrowly to broadly oyster-shell shaped, dark brown; shed skins marginal, yellow brown to brown. Male cover smaller, felted, white, elongate, with tricarinate (Kawai 1980)
- Borchs1966: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 113
- Hua2000: distribution, host, 158
- Kawai1972: distribution, host, taxonomy, 41
- Kawai1977: distribution, 151
- Kawai1980: distribution, host, taxonomy, 305-306
- KozarWa1985: catalog, distribution, 86
- Muraka1970: distribution, host, 92
- NormarOkMo2019: distribution, host, 29, 73
- Suh2014: description, distribution, host, illustration, structure, taxonomy, 4-6
- Suh2020: distribution, host, 21
- Takagi1961a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 73-74, 75
- Takagi1965a: taxonomy, 451
- Takagi1966: distribution, host, taxonomy, 120
- Tao1999: distribution, host, 109