Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis hibisci Takagi, 1970 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis hibisci Takagi 1969a: 24. nomen nudum (discovered by Takagi1970, 113).
- Pinnaspis hibisci Takagi 1970: 113-115. Type data: TAIWAN: Chia-i, on Hibiscus rosaesinensis; Kuan-tzu-ling, on H. taiwanensis and Boehmeria densiflora; Heng-chun, on H. rosaesinensis. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 2 | Genera: 2
- Chen1983: pp.18 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Takagi (1970).
- Systematics: GenBank accession numbers DQ145376, DQ145488, GQ425020, DQ873260 and DQ868848 were previously determined to be Pinnaspis hibisci, but Normark, et al., 2019, referred these numbers to Pinnaspis strachani.. P. hibisci comes close to P. yamamotoi, from which it may be distinguished by having gland spines as anteriorly as the mesothorax, by having more numerous lateral macroducts, and by the white scale. It differs from P. shirozui mainly by the unfused median lobes; the well-developed preanal scleroses, the presence of the submarginal macroducts on the 5th abdominal segment (Takagi, 1970).
- Structure: Female scale white. Adult female body robust, with the pygidium broad and triangular in outline. Median lobes large, tightly appressed mesally but not fused, deeply notched twice or thrice on the lateral margin. 2nd lobes quite reduced yet rather variable in size, with the outer lobule at times obsolete. 3rd lobes practically obsolete (Takagi, 1970).
- AndersWuGr2010: phylogeny, taxonomy, 997-1003
- Chen1983: distribution, taxonomy, 18, 99
- Chou1985: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 357
- Chou1986: illustration, 501
- DanzigPe1998: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 334-335
- Hua2000: distribution, host, 158
- Kawai1980: distribution, host, taxonomy, 305
- MorseNo2006: phylogeny, taxonomy, 340
- NormarOkMo2019: genebank, 40
- Takagi1969a: taxonomy, 24
- Takagi1970: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 113-115
- Tao1978: distribution, host, 105
- Tao1999: distribution, host, 109
- WongChCh1999: distribution, illustration, 32, 75
- Yang1982: taxonomy, 232