Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis chamaecyparidis Takagi, 1961 (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Pinnaspis chamaecyparidis Takagi 1961a: 72-73. Type data: JAPAN: Honshu, Toyama-ken, Namerikawa, on Chamaecyparis obtusa, 08/01/1955 & 16/04/1956. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Sapporo: Entomological Institute, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Japan . accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 3
- Suh2014: pp.6 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis from Korea]
- Takagi1961a: pp.75 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Pinnaspis of Japan]
- General Remarks: Best description and illustration by Takagi (1961a). Photographs in Suh, 2014.
- Biology: This species has two generations per year and hibernates as an adult female in Japan (Kawai 1980).
- Systematics: Pinnaspis chamaecyparidis is similar to P. juniperi from which it differs mainly by the second lobes which are well developed, with the inner lobule slightly expanded apically (Takagi, 1961a).
- Structure: Female scale elongate, moderately convex dorsally, white. Male scale tricarinate. Adult female fusiform, 0.73 mm long and 0.32 mm wide; free segments each slightly convex laterally (Takagi, 1961a). Adult female cover narrowly to broadly oyster-shell shaped, light to dark brown; shed skins margin, yellow brown to brown. Male cover smaller, felted, white, elongate, with slight median carina; shed skin yellowish. (Suh, 2014)
- Borchs1966: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 112
- DanzigPe1998: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 334
- Kawai1972: distribution, host, taxonomy, 41
- Kawai1977: distribution, 151
- Kawai1980: distribution, host, taxonomy, 306
- KozarWa1985: catalog, distribution, 86
- Muraka1970: distribution, host, 92
- Suh2014: description, distribution, host, illustration, structure, taxonomy, 2-4,6
- Suh2020: distribution, host, 6, 11
- Takagi1961a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 72-73, 75
- Takagi1965a: taxonomy, 451
- Takagi1966: distribution, host, taxonomy, 119-120