Valid Names ResultsPinnaspis alatae (Rutherford, 1914) (Diaspididae: Pinnaspis)
- Hemichionaspis alatae Rutherford 1914: 262-263. Type data: SRI LANKA: on Cassia alata. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Paradeniya: Horticultural Crop Research and Development Institute, Sri Lanka . accepted valid name
- Pinnaspis alatae (Rutherford, 1914); Ferris & Rao 1947: 28. change of combination
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Senna alata | Ruther1914
- Sri Lanka | Ruther1914
- MacGil1921: pp.340 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Hemichionaspis] Key as: Hemichionaspis alatae
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Rutherford (1914).
- Systematics: Ferris & Rao (1947) state that Pinnaspis alatae is unrecognizable from the original description.
- Structure: Female scale inconspicuous, 3 mm long, dull pale brown. Exuviae situated at one end, similar in color. The secretion is comparatively broad, 2nd exuviae has a slight but distinct median longitudinal ridge. Male scale is white and tricarinate. Adult female with large median lobes, extending slightly caudad of 2nd lobes, the lateral edges sloping away to the pygidium and with 3 or 4 distinct notches. 2nd lobes are duplex, feebly chitinized but distinct, each half expanded towards the apex. 3rd lobes sometimes developed, duplex, mesal half longer than broad, lateral broader than long, both serrated on margin (Rutherford, 1914).
- Ali1969a: distribution, host, 62
- Borchs1966: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 109
- FerrisRa1947: distribution, host, taxonomy, 28, 30
- Green1922: distribution, host, 464
- Green1937: catalog, distribution, host, 322
- MacGil1921: distribution, host, taxonomy, 340
- Ramakr1921a: catalog, distribution, host, 353
- Ruther1914: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 262-263
- Varshn2002: distribution, host, 69