Valid Names Results
McKenzie 1945 (Diaspididae
Type species: Parlagena inops McKenzie
by monotypy and original designation
(= Parlagena buxi, Takahashi )
accepted valid name
- General Remarks: Detailed descriptions by McKenzie (1945) and Balachowsky (1953g).
- Systematics: Parlagena can be differentiated from Parlatoria principally by the reduced pygidial plates, position of dorsal macroduct between median lobes and the absence of perivulvar pores (McKenzie, 1945).
- Structure: Diaspididae with body typically oval. With short "two-barred" macroducts, those situated along pygidial margins each with the orifices surrounded by a conspicuous sclerotized ring, each duct with the axis of its orifices almost parallel to pygidial margin, microducts on pygidium dorsum apparently not arranged in well-defined rows, the single median macroduct removed from the bases of the median lobes about the length of the lobes (McKenzie, 1945).
- Wang1982c: pp.45 (female) [Key to genera]
- Yang1982: pp.271 (female) [Key to genera of Parlatoriini]
- Balach1953g: pp.773 () [Key to genera of Parlatorina]
taxonomy, pp. 17
description, host, illustration, taxonomy, pp. 773, 833-834
taxonomy, pp. 315
taxonomy, pp. 202
taxonomy, pp. 241
taxonomy, pp. 322
taxonomy, pp. 232
description, distribution, taxonomy, pp. 81-82
taxonomy, pp. 148
distribution, taxonomy, pp. 45, 105
taxonomy, pp. 271
ABOUT | KEYS | CONTACT | LOGIN | FLAT CAT | CLASSIFICATION