Valid Names ResultsOvaticoccus exoticus Pellizzari & Kozár, 2011 (Eriococcidae: Ovaticoccus)
- Ovaticoccus exoticus Pellizzari & Kozár 2011: 61-63. Type data: ITALY: Sicily, island of Mozia (Trapani district), on Agave americana, 8/26/2008, by G. Pellizzari. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Padova: Dipartimento Agronomia Ambientale Produzioni Vegetali - Entomologia, Italy; accepted valid name Notes: Paratypes: 16 adult females, on slides 1546/2-9, same data as holotype; 1st and 2nd instar nymphs, on slides 1546/10-13, same data as holotype. Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- MillerSt2022: pp.87-88 ( Adult (F) ) [Ovaticoccus and Hypericicoccus species]
- MillerSt2022: pp.88-89 ( Second instar (F) ) [Ovaticoccus and Hypericicoccus species]
- MillerSt2022: pp.89 ( Second instar (M) ) [Ovaticoccus and Hypericicoccus species]
- KozarKaKo2013: pp.374 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Ovaticoccus]
- PellizKo2011: pp.65 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to adult female Ovaticoccus]
- Systematics: Ovaticoccus exoticus is related to O. agavium but differs mostly in the absence of dorsal macrotubular ducts. Moreover, it has fewer dome-shaped dorsal setae, all about the same size, and fewer oval cruciform pores on the ventral abdominal segments. O. parkerorum Miller shares with O. exoticus the absence of dorsal macrotubular ducts, but the former has a distinctly dorsal anal ring, which is circular and complete (incomplete on O. exoticus) and quinquelocular pores on the venter only (present on both surfaces on O. exoticus). Pellizzari & Kozár, 2011)
- Structure: Body of adult female oval, pinkish, derm membranous, covered with powdery wax and with wax filaments on abdomen. (Pellizzari & Kozár, 2011)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration in Pellizzari & Kozár, 2011. Descriptions and illustrations of adult female, second-instar female, second-instar male, and first-instar nymph in Miller & Stocks, 2022.
- KozarKaKo2013: description, distribution, host, illustration, structure, taxonomy, 380-382
- MazzeoLoPe2014: distribution, 58
- MillerSt2022: description, distribution, illustration, key, male, nymph, 88, 89, 90, 120-128
- PellizKo2011: description, distribution, host, illustration, physiology, taxonomy, 61-63,66