Valid Names ResultsNesopedronia cibotii (Beardsley, 1957) (Pseudococcidae: Nesopedronia)
- Pedronia cibotii Beardsley 1957a: 222. Type data: HAWAII: Oahu, Mt. Tantalus, Manoa Cliff Trail, on Cibotium chamissoni. Holotype, female, Type depository: Honolulu: Bernice P. Bishop Museum, Department of Entomology Collection, Hawaii, USA; accepted valid name Illustr.
- Nesopedronia cibotii (Beardsley, 1957); Beardsley 1971c: 43. change of combination
- Nesopedronia cibotti (Beardsley, 1957); Hodgso 2020: 34. misspelling of species epithet
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Hodgso2020: pp.32-34 ( Adult (M) ) [higher groups of Pseudococcidae]
- Beards1960: pp.214 ( Adult (M) ) [Hawaii]
- Structure: Nur et al. (1987) reported chromosome number 2n=14
- Biology: This mealybug was found on the undersurfaces of mature fronds of the host, usually along the midveins of pinnules, near where these joined the midrib of a branch pinna (Beardsley, 1957a).
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by Beardsley (1957a). Good description and illustration of the adult male given by Beardsley (1960).
- Beards1957a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 222-224
- Beards1959b: distribution, host, 39
- Beards1960: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 219-220
- Beards1971c: taxonomy, 43
- BenDov1994: catalog, 245
- Hodgso2020: key, 34
- WilliaMi1999: life history, taxonomy, 523