Valid Names ResultsNesococcus pipturi Ehrhorn, 1916 (Pseudococcidae: Nesococcus)
- Nesococcus pipturi Ehrhorn 1916: 246. Type data: HAWAII: Oahu Island, on Pipturus albidus. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Washington: United States National Entomological Collection, U.S. National Museum of Natural History, District of Columbia, USA; accepted valid name
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Hodgso2020: pp.32-34 ( Adult (M) ) [higher groups of Pseudococcidae]
- Beards1960: pp.214 ( Adult (M) ) [Hawaii]
- Structure: Nur et al. (1987) reported chromosome number 2n=12
- Biology: Living on the leaves of its host plant, usually found near the midribs.
- General Remarks: Good description and illustration of the adult female given by Ferris in Zimmerman (1948). Good description and illustration of the adult male given by Beardsley (1960).
- Beards1959b: distribution, host, 55
- Beards1960: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 234
- BenDov1994: catalog, 245
- Ehrhor1916: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 246-247
- Hodgso2020: key, 34
- Willia2017a: catalog, list of species, 249
- Zimmer1948: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 274-276