Valid Names ResultsMadarococcus cruriamplus Hoy, 1962 (Eriococcidae: Madarococcus)
- Madarococcus cruriamplus Hoy 1962: 151-152. Type data: NEW ZEALAND: South Island, Maruia Springs, on Nothofagus sp., 10/11/1935, by G. Brittin. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Auckland: New Zealand Arthropod Collection, Landcare Research, New Zealand; accepted valid name Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Nothofagus | Hoy1962
- New Zealand
- South Island | Hoy1962
- HardyGuHo2008: pp.375-376 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to species of Madarococcus based on adult females]
- Hoy1962: pp.151 ( Adult (F) ) [Madarococcus species of New Zealand]
- Systematics: Madarococcus cruriamplus appears to be closely related to M. maculatus. Slide-mounted adult female with: enlarged setae cylindrical, sides concave, apices rounded, marginal setae conspicuously larger than other dorsal setae, 1 or 2 lateral setae on margin of each abdominal segment, bases of setae with many associated microtubular ducts; suranal setae spatulate; microtubular ducts elongate, without sclerotized area (Hoy, 1962).
- Structure: This species does not seem to have a sac (Hoy, 1962). The adult females are green in life. (Hardy, et al. 2008)
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Hoy (1962).
- Beards1984: behavior, distribution, host, 86, 92, 93
- HardyGuHe2008: description, phylogeny, 369-373, 378-379
- Hoy1962: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 151, 152-153
- Hoy1963: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 167
- Kozar2009: distribution, taxonomy, 103
- MillerGi2000: catalog, description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 396-397
- Wise1977: distribution, taxonomy, 98