Valid Names ResultsGraminorthezia tillandsiae (Morrison, 1925) (Ortheziidae: Graminorthezia)
- Orthezia tillandsiae Morrison 1925: 138-139. Type data: UNITED STATES: Florida, Elfers, on Tillandsia usneoides, 12/07/1917, by C.E. Wilson. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Washington: United States National Entomological Collection, U.S. National Museum of Natural History, District of Columbia, USA; accepted valid name Notes: There are 4 paratype slides in USNM. Illustr.
- Graminorthezia tillandsiae (Morrison, 1925); Kozár 2004: 292. change of combination
- spanish moss orthezia Miller1985b
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
Families: 2 | Genera: 3
- Kozar2004: pp.272-273 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to the species of Graminorthezia]
- Morris1952: pp.8 ( Adult (F) ) [Species in the Graminis group of Orthezia]
- Morris1925: pp.107 ( Adult (F) ) [Species of the Subgenus Orthezia]
- Structure: Adult female is small in size, average length of body with secretion is 1.5 millimeters. Ovisac when fully developed is very elongate, widest at base, tapering slightly posteriorly, more or less curved in a horizontal plane. Female body is covered with a firm waxy secretion divided into plates. Larvae ovate, tapering somewhat behind (Morrison, 1925).
- Biology: Nymphs are found in Spanish Moss on the tree except in July and on the ground except in January and February. Adult females were found in April. Adults about 6 mm long with 2 long (4 mm), waxy flaps. The eggs and also the nymphs occur between the flaps. (Whitaker & Ruckdeschel, 2010)
- General Remarks: Original description and illustration by Morrison (1925). Change of combination, redescription and illustration by Kozár (2004).
- Kozar2004: catalog, description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 292
- Malump2012: distribution, host, 57
- Miller1985b: distribution, host, 90
- Miller2005: distribution, 493
- Morris1925: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 138-139
- Morris1952: distribution, host, 52
- PooleGe1997: distribution, 367
- TippinBe1975: distribution, host, 49
- Voigt2000: biological control, distribution, host, illustration, life history, 148-155
- WhitakRu2010: host, illustration, life history, 85-94
- Willia2017a: catalog, list of species, 244