Valid Names ResultsEpicoccus acaciae (Maskell, 1897) (Pseudococcidae: Epicoccus)
- Coccus acaciae Maskell 1897: 319. Type data: AUSTRALIA: Western Australia, Perth, on Acacia sp.. Lectotype, female, by subsequent designation (Brooke1982,238). Type depository: Auckland: New Zealand Arthropod Collection, Landcare Research, New Zealand; accepted valid name
- Epicoccus acaciae (Maskell, 1897); Cockerell 1902a: 24. change of combination
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Systematics: Ben-Dov (1977:94) resurrected Lecanium acaciae Newstead, 1917, transferred it to Coccus and regarded it a valid species Coccus acaciae(Newstead). Consequently, Coccus acaciae (Newstead, 1917) became a junior secondary homonym of Coccus acaciae Maskell, 1897, which is currently known as Epicoccus acaciae (Maskell, 1897) in the Pseudococcidae. However, according to Article 59 of ICZN (1999), since the above species are now in different genera, there is no need to rename Coccus acaciae (Newstead, 1917).
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of the adult female by Brookes (1982).
- BenDov1994: catalog, 148
- Brooke1982: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 238-240
- Cocker1902a: taxonomy, 25
- DeitzTo1980: taxonomy, 52
- HardyGuHo2008: molecular data, phylogeny, taxonomy, 51-71
- Koteja1974b: distribution, taxonomy, 74
- Maskel1897: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 319, 320
- Willia1985: distribution, host, 151
- WilliaBe2009: catalog, taxonomy, 6