Valid Names ResultsColobopyga hedyscepes Deitz 1979 (Halimococcidae: Colobopyga)
- Colobopyga hedyscepes Deitz 1979: 454. Type data: NEW ZEALAND: North Island, Auckland, Mt. Albert, on Hedyscepe canterburyana, 01/02/1978, by L.L. Deitz. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Auckland: New Zealand Arthropod Collection, Landcare Research, New Zealand . accepted valid name Notes: Paratypes also in USNM, BMNH and ANIC. Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Hedyscepe canterburyana | Deitz1979
- New Zealand
- North Island | Deitz1979
- Deitz1979: pp.454 ( Adult (F) ) [Species of Colobopyga]
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration of adult and second-instar female by Deitz (1979).
- Systematics: Colobopyga hedyscepes closely resembles C. australiensis, but is shorter has a less elongate pygidium (Deitz, 1979).
- Structure: Slide-mounted adult female 0.65-0.73 mm long, pyriform. Derm membranous, but pygidium weakly sclerotized; venter of thorax and 1st abdominal segment with minute spicules in a broad band medially; each spiracle nearly surrounded by concentric rows of minute conical points. Pygidium semicircular in outline (Deitz, 1979).