Valid Names ResultsColobopyga coperniciae Ferris 1952 (Halimococcidae: Colobopyga)
- Colobopyga coperniciae Ferris 1952: 3. Type data: CUBA: Province Las Villas, Santa Clara, on Copernicia hospita, summer 1951, by B.E. Dahlgren. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Davis: The Bohart Museum of Entomology, University of California, California, USA . accepted valid name Notes: Ferris states that the types of all species were deposited in the Stanford collection. This has since been incorporated into the collection at UCDC. Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 2
- Cuba | Ferris1952
- Deitz1979: pp.453 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to Colobopyga species]
- Ferris1952: pp.3 ( Adult (F) ) [New World species of Colobopyga]
- General Remarks: Original description and illustration by Ferris (1952). Detailed illustrations and descriptions of life cycle by Köhler (1987).
- Biology: Insects occur in the folds of the leaf (Ferris, 1952).
- Structure: Ferris (1952) states that this species looks like a small brown seed-like body and is devoid of any wax covering.
- Borchs1966: catalog, distribution, taxonomy, 26
- Deitz1979: distribution, host, taxonomy, 453
- Ferris1952: taxonomy, 3
- Gavril2018: reproduction, 233
- GullanWi2016: structure, 86
- Kohler1987: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 113-125
- MestreHaHo2015: distribution, 39
- WoodwaEvEa1970: illustration, structure, 428