Valid Names ResultsChazeauana gahniae Matile-Ferrero, 1988 (Eriococcidae: Chazeauana)
- Chazeauana gahniae Matile-Ferrero 1988a: 70. Type data: NEW CALEDONIA: Yaté, on Gahnia novocaledonensis, 08/12/1983, by Matile-Ferrero. Holotype, female, by original designation Type depository: Paris: Museum National d'Histoire naturelle, France; accepted valid name Notes: Paratypes are in MNHN and ANIC. Illustr.
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- HodgsoGeMa2018: pp.384 ( Adult (F) ) [Eriococcidae from New Caledonia]
- HodgsoMiCa2014: pp.163 ( Adult (F) ) [Key to Eriococcidae from New Caledonia (modified after Williams, 2007)]
- Systematics: Slide-mounted adult female with: antennae 4-segmented; legs reduced; conical setae along body margin with bulbous area near apex; macrotubular ducts absent; microtubular ducts abundant; quinquelocular and cruciform pores present (Matile-Ferrero, 1988a). Slide- mounted first instar with: anal lobes each with 3 enlarged setae; marginal line of quinquelocuar and septelocular pores; marginal line of microtubular ducts; cruciform pores present on venter (Matile-Ferrero, 1988a).
- Structure: Adult female elongate with almost parallel sides (Williams & Watson, 1990). Body is brown with visible segmentation. 5-6 individuals are usually found per leaf. (Matile-Ferrero, 1988a).
- General Remarks: Detailed description and illustration by Matile-Ferrero (1988a) of both sexes of first and second instars as well as adult female. Williams & Watson (1990) also provide a description and illustration.
- HodgsoMiCa2014: distribution, host, taxonomy, 152, 163
- Kozar2009: distribution, taxonomy, 96
- Matile1988a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 70
- MilleHeCa2016: distribution, economic importance, host, 145
- MillerGi2000: catalog, description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 80
- TangHa1995: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 434
- Willia2007a: description, distribution, host, 1351-1352
- WilliaWa1990: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 48, 49, 242