Valid Names ResultsCelaticoccus cantentulatus (Froggatt, 1921) (Lecanodiaspididae: Celaticoccus)
- Sphaerococcus cantentulatus Froggatt 1921b: 8. Type data: AUSTRALIA: New South Wales, Condobolin District, on Acacia pendula.. Lectotype, female, by subsequent designation (LambdiKo1976a,57). Type depository: London: The Natural History Museum, England, UK . accepted valid name
- Celaticoccus cantentulatus Lambdin & Kosztarab 1976a: 57. change of combination
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Acacia pendula | Frogga1921b
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of adult female by Froggatt (1921b) and by Lambdin & Kosztarab (1976a).
- Structure: These coccids attack the young branchlets ... causing them to swell out into gouty excrescences, irregularly rounded, up to an inch in length and one-eighth of an inch in diameter. These thickened twigs are hollow, containing a row of gall chambers, each separated from the other. The adult female rests in the centre, upon an oval depression or scar, through which there is sometimes an aperture; the outer surface of the gall mass marked with tubercles corresponding with the depressions inside the gall chambers. Adult female reddish brown, semi globular, wrinkled, with the abdominal segments reduced to a point at the apex; legs and antennae aborted (Froggatt, 1921b).