Valid Names ResultsCallipappus australis (Maskell, 1890) (Callipappidae: Callipappus)
- Coelostoma australe Maskell 1890a: 280. Type data: AUSTRALIA: New South Wales, Sydney, on Angophora sp.; collected by A. Sydney Olliff.. Syntypes, female, Type depository: Auckland: New Zealand Arthropod Collection, Landcare Research, New Zealand; accepted valid name Illustr.
- Callipappus australis (Maskell, 1890); Cockerell 1902q: 258. change of combination
Families: 1 | Genera: 1
- Angophora | Maskel1890a | It is quite likely that the host of C. australis is not Angophora because adult females of Callipappus Guérin-Méneville develop on roots in the soil and move to the aerial parts of any plant or vertical structure for oviposition, where they are most often collected (Gullan & Brookes 1998).
- Structure: Adult female of a dull blue-black or very dark purple colour, elongated, distinctly segmented, convex; length averaging 0.5 inch, but some specimens reach 5/6 inch (Maskell, 1890a). A characteristic feature of the male of this species is the long brush of white glassy filaments springing from the abdominal extremity (Maskell, 1893b). External appearance of the adult male illustrated by Froggatt (1921b).
- General Remarks: Description and illustration of nymph, adult male and adult female by Morrison (1928).
- BenDov2005a: catalog, distribution, host, taxonomy, 44-45
- Cocker1899n: taxonomy, 4
- Cocker1902q: distribution, taxonomy, 258
- DeitzTo1980: taxonomy, 50
- Fernal1903b: 31
- Foldi2001a: taxonomy, 197
- Frogga1921b: description, distribution, host, taxonomy, 41
- Fuller1899: distribution, host, taxonomy, 438
- Guerin1841: distribution, host, taxonomy, 129
- GullanWi2016: distribution, host,
- Maskel1890a: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 280-282
- Maskel1893b: description, taxonomy, 242
- Morris1928: description, distribution, host, illustration, taxonomy, 82-86, 222
- MorrisMo1923: taxonomy, 41-44
- Willia2017a: catalog, list of species, 205